Friday, May 6, 2016

All we need is love

I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also most love one another. John 13:34
We look at the world and its great need for love. We look at one another and our great need for love. Words of caring and love can go such a long way to changing lives and giving people hope. I have a person in the community  who lives alone and is socially isolated and each nigh she calls me and we have a chat about her day and it enables her to have someone to say good night to. Small acts of love can change a persons life.  I heard this story recently: A six year old boy was sad because his friends at school teased him about all his red freckles on his face and he shared with his grandmother his sadness Grandmother put her hand under his chin and turned his face to look at her and as they looked into each others eyes she said to the boy ' I think you have the most beautiful freckles, and I love them.' The boy stared at his grandmothers face with affection and placed his small hand on her cheek and after a pause said.' And I love your wrinkles too.' It doesn't take much to change a persons life.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.