Monday, May 9, 2016

layers of dust

Blessed are those who trust in the Lord. Jer 17:7
When I was in Israel I recall one of the tasks to do at the end of a days walking was to wash the dust off my feet. I wore good walking sandals and when I removed them I could see the marks of the straps on my feet  highlighted by a layer of dust. In many  places the dust is fine and as I put my foot down others beside me would gather the 'puff of dust' from my feet and likewise I from them.I thought of the disciples who had walked this country with Jesus and how they two must have had feet covered in dust at the end of a days walk and Jesus often referred to 'the dust' in his conversations.  Recently I heard a beautiful ancient blessing which said: 'May you always be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.'
My prayer for us all is that God's presence will be with us  -  always and praise the Lord - we cant wash that off!
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord

Road to Jericho