Friday, September 18, 2015

Thanks be to God


So faith comes from what is heard. Romans 10:17
I have among a special shelf of books a collection of treasures. A collection of faith journeys, a collection of helps in time of grief and loss, in times of such sadness during the war, a collection of joys and celebrations. These treasures are in the form of the Book of Common Prayer belonging to family members going back four generations. In the worn tissue thin pages of the bible that belonged to the grandfather I never knew who now lies in the soil of the Somme. There are snippets of newspaper cuttings marking births and marriages. So much imagery and story of what sustained them during the highs and lows of life, their solid, unsinkable faith and that I know has rubbed off on me as I handle and sometimes use their books of prayers and read from their bibles alongside my own. What a gift I have been left, the gift of example and way of life,Who has influenced your faith journey?  Give praise and thanks today and always for the wonderful inheritance that they have handed to you.The path to eternal life.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord