Friday, September 25, 2015

Catch me off guard Lord

The Lord bless you and keep you. Num. 6:24
How lovely are the spring flowers. Its like God opened a window in heaven and poured out a blessing. Joyce Rupp says: 'The loveliness of a single flower in radiant bloom can sing my drooping spirit into joy.'  How true. How very true. I can't look at an anticipating rose bud, or poppy capsule, or pending daffodil or tulip pod and not sense the blessing that is to come. I read this prayer by Frederick Buechner: Lord, catch me off guard today.Surprise me with some moment of beauty or pain so that at least for the moment I may be startled into seeing that you are here in all your splendour, always and everywhere, barely hidden, beneath,beyond, within this life I breathe.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne,servant of the Lord.