Friday, August 7, 2015

Jesus by night

There was a Pharisee named Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews. He came to Jesus by night. John 3:1-17
An invigorating morning,foggy in its arrival to make a fresh start of a new day. The tree leaves dripping with moisture from the gift of overnight rain and a smell of wet grass emanating from the farm paddocks. As I watched a figure coming towards me, walking nearer and nearer, emerging clearer through the fog and semi dark, I thought of the story of Nicodemus and how he came to Jesus in the night. I wondered what became of Nicodemus as this figure passed me by, with a brief 'hello' and faded back into the dark and fog. I wondered also about the people we meet in our day to day life in their darkness, their night time and I am blessed with the comfort and reassurance that God has them to in the palm of his hand. What a privilege to be with those who come looking for Jesus in their night.
I think of the saying of Edwin Hubble Chaplin:
Every action in our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne,servant of the Lord