Friday, December 19, 2014

even one will make a difference

' I am the voice of one calling out in the desert.' John 1:23
When I was chaplain at the local school for children with profound disabilities I remember one day assisting in a class room to help the children get ready to go outside into the playground. I was tasked to assist a wheel chair bound boy who was about 12 years old and who rarely spoke. I put his twisted, distorted little feet into his socks as carefully as I could and then his slippers. As I fastened the velcro straps I felt a small hand on my head, stroking my hair with a small distorted hand and as clear as a bell came from this boys mouth, 'Are you Jesus?' I was speechless and sank even lower to the floor as a wave of humility swept over me. I eventually looked the boy in the face and managed to say, 'no, I am not Jesus but I am his friend.'  St John was a voice for Christ (John 1:23) His life matched his words. When a persons words and ways are the same, the fusion is explosive. People will know who we represent, not because we bear the name, but because we live the life.
 If I cant feed all the hungry, feed one. If I cant change the world, change a life. Let someone see the difference you can make. If you cant feed all the hungry, feed one.(unknown)
Walk humbly as you serve God.
Anne, servant of the Lord
JAFFA ministry