Friday, March 14, 2014

God's wonders

'Be still and know that I am God.' Ps 46:10
There was so much to take in this morning as I stepped out the front gate. A glorious still  morning, soft light of day break and the classical autumn mist across the creek and valleys topped by green hill crests.The sunrise was florescent red outlining the clouds and to mind came the hymn, 'When morning guilds the sky my heart awakening cries, Jesus Christ is Lord.'  That's the effect it has on me, yet I can pass another out for an early morning walk who is totally unaware of what is going on about them. Ear plugs in and focus on the phone texting, totally oblivious and no idea what they just missed.
Gariepy says: 'Life in the fast forward mode can keep us from an encounter with the wonders of God all around us.. Like the sound of a distant  bell comes God's call to man: Be still and know that I am God.  It is a call in our daily life to be aware of the barrenness of too busy a life.'
How did you encounter God's wonders this morning?
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord