Monday, March 10, 2014

encounter

Encourage one another with these words. 1 Thess.4:8
Glorious morning with a soft, subtle hint of an autumn mist on a still countryside with  cows grazing quietly on the hill  green and fresh from recent rain, a family of kangaroos lift their heads and look as I pass and the two swans who had been feeding on the pond gracefully take flight on their next adventure and as I walk I see my   foot prints leave a mark on the dew laden grass. And my thoughts go to God. There is a sense that he is so near that I dare to say he is walking with me unfolding all I see and hear as I walk into the gift of this new day. At  church yesterday we were asked did we see the rainbow as we came to church. I did, a perfect arc, brilliant in colour, a 'pause' moment. How and where do you encounter God and have you wandered off on your own journey and become a little lost from him, so much so you didn't see 'his face' and' feel his presence'
in the gifts of the new day, the beauty of the rainbow?
Spend time this Lent, closing the gap between yourself and God making it a series of encounters that are life giving and life lasting.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.