Friday, July 26, 2013

God's beauty


 To behold the beauty of the Lord: Psalm 27:4
So many times and in so many places we have the opportunity to behold the beauty of the Lords, if we are looking for it!
Yesterdays frost was as white and almost as thick as newly fallen snow. Everything, everywhere, as far as could be seen across the pond, the hills and valleys and mountains was white, glistening, shinning,  crisp. Freezing yet glorious and wrapped in a soft, white mist.
 All so beautiful. All so of God.
As I had prepared to go for my morning walk I found these words falling from my heart in prayer: 'Lord, show me your beauty today.'    And he did, in a far grander way than every expected.
God shows his beauty to us from frosty mornings, to a beautiful flower, breathtaking scenery, a tiny bird the smile of a baby and in  the face of the elderly.
Seek his beauty.Ask him to show it to you.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ,
Anne, servant of the Lord.