Friday, July 12, 2013

God is love

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:8
One of the most moving things that I have experienced of late was the first letter I received in the mail from my  granddaughter. It arrived  with big bold wording on the envelope in the script of a six year old child declaring it was for Nanna Ranse. I held it close to my chest, savoring this 'first' experience before opening it to see a letter of two lines which simply said' I hope you are feeling better, I love you very much'
How those words made me feel is indescribable but I know I went back to them many times through that day and the days that followed, I was so blessed by them and my thoughts went to God. Do we ever tell him we love him? Do we ever give him the words that cause him to hug them to his chest and savor them for hours and days?  Today I found myself humbling the song, 'I love you Lord and I lift my voice to worship you O my soul rejoice.'  Try it, it will lift your soul and your spirits and God will love it to.
Solly Ozrovech says: There is tremendous spiritual power in the mere act of confirming softly, 'Living Christ, I love you dearly.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.