Monday, May 13, 2013

upholding


' Hold thou me up and I shall be safe.' Ps 119:117

I woke up this morning  amidst God's love in what the local radio station called a 10-10 sunrise. It was glorious in colour and peace but I think what actually called me into the day was the tiny prayer bell I have hanging outside my window. Its soft metallic tinkling in the gentle breeze draws me to thoughts of God. I recall reading a very old  pocket book called 'Morning Bells' and in it  I read: 'The path is not easy, there are rough stones and we can stumble, how do we walk safely over such a rough path?'  My response, it is not my grip of Christ's hand but Christ's  grip of me, that's what stops us stumbling and keeps us on the path.
I hear the tinkle of the metallic bell and immediately I say 'may  today be  in your strength Lord even though the path can be rough. Hold thou me up.'
Yes, I will uphold you
with my own right hand;
you are called and chosen
in my sight to stand. (unknown)

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.