Tuesday, May 28, 2013

deeper and sweeter


'But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever.' Ps 52:8

 I love forests. I loved riding my horse through the pine forest as a child, I loved exploring Sherwood Forest in Nottingham and I love to just sit in the stillness and quiet of a forest, smack bang in the middle of nature a oneness with God and  God's creation.
We all know the saying 'I cant see the forest for the trees.' I can be tough when life throws up a barrier of stress or overwhelming life circumstances, hectic work schedules or far to fast a pace of life making it so easy to lose that sense of the oneness of God in the mix of his creation. Making it hard to see God through the density of life issues.
This is a lovely prayer verse from the Hebridean Altars.

Keep within me
a stillness
deeper and sweeter
than a forest's
in mid winter.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, Servant of the Lord