Monday, May 20, 2013

angel dust


' May the Lord bless his people with peace. Psalm 29:11
I am often lost for words when I look to the west of an evening, just on sun set and see the hills and valley covered in what looks like a fine dust in the soft evening light that seems to be full of stillness and peace. It seems to fall from heaven and its breath taking. I like to call it 'angel dust' as I am sure it has come from heaven to sprinkle the earth for our joy and  pleasure. Have you seen it?
I read this prayer by Frederick Buechner:
' Lord, catch me off guard today. Surprise me with some moment of beauty or pain so that at least for the moment I may be startled into seeing that you are here in all your splendour, always and everywhere, barely hidden,beneath, beyond, within this life I breathe.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.