Friday, August 17, 2012

caught!


'For to this end Christ died and lived again so that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living.' Romans 14:9
A bit rough and ready, a few tats  and showing signs of having lived life in the fast lane, he said to me at a funeral interview. 'I'm not religious love,I don't do this God stuff, but if you ask me to say the Our Father, I 'm ready. I got caught out once and after that I made a pocket sized version of the Our Father and I carry it with me all the time just in case  I get asked to say it again. I know it by heart as well just in case I lost the pocket card.'
At the funeral of his mate I read this passage of scripture from Romans 14
'We do not live to ourselves, and we do not die to ourselves. If we live we live to the Lord,and if we die we die to the Lord;so then,whether we live or whether we die we are the Lords.'
After the service, with hand on his chest  over his pocket with the card in it he said.'I'm hanging onto this!'  I had a strong sense that God has him well and truly in the palm of his hand.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne,servant of the Lord.