Monday, April 2, 2012

Gethsemane


Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane; and he said to his disciples, sit here while I go over there and pray.'....he was grieved and agitated.Then he said to Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, 'Stay with me and remain awake with me.' Going a little further he threw himself on the ground and prayed.'My Father if it is possible let this cup pass from me; yet not what I want but what you want.' Then he came to the disciples and found them sleeping. Matt 26:36-40.
I stood in the garden of Gethsemane and I was silent. The gnarled old olive trees reflected something ancient, something knowing, you could feel it. You could sense the Spirit hovering in that place and all I can say is we need to stay awake with Jesus. We need to stay awake for Jesus.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.