Friday, March 2, 2012

Rain, and more rain


'The rain fell, the floods came.....' Matt 7:25
The absolute magnitude of God's creative work continues to amaze me. I don't think there is a dry piece of land in the country at the moment from the persistent falling rain over the past days yet God's creatures knew it was coming and prepared for it. Have you seen the ants nest, built up high with dirt, a protective wall for the nest against the flood around them?I often think when its dry and I see these tiny ants preparing for something I yet can't see or feel that it must be a bit like Noah building the ark in a dry and parched land with much bewilderment and amusement of those about him. What an amazing God we have and just as amazing our God given ability to see his handy work if we are looking. But, more so, how must God feel when he knows we see it!
Open our eyes Lord to the wonder of your world.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord