Monday, December 12, 2011

God's face


' Come 'my heart says,'seek his face!' 'your face, Lord, do I seek.' Psalm 27:8
I was out walking in the evening on the fringe of the bush and in the quiet I asked God to show me his face because it was his face I was seeking.
Then, right across my path came this most magnificent Echidena, shy and nervous, hesitant but trusting as he walked across the path before me. Then, within feet of me was a mother wallaby, grazing, and from her pouch the tiniest face of her joey looked at me with interest between long dangling legs.
God continued to show me his face as he pulled down the shutters on the day over the stone faced, magnificent mountain before me, lit in awe inspiring colours of the sun set.
I asked the Lord to show me his face, and he did.
As you go into this day, ask the Lord of no more, than to show you his face.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne