Friday, December 16, 2011

God's angelic choir


' Fear not for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; you will I help.' Isa 41:10
I stood in the bush on a small winding track and looked at the vast mountain ranges all around me and in all the beauty and density of my isolated surroundings I found the overwhelming peace of Christ. But, you know what brought me to my knees? In the silence, the deep quiet I heard a chorus singing Amazing Grace. I looked around for another person, a house, somewhere it could be coming from but there was non to be seen. The singing was not from with in my mind or my heart or my voice, it was a choir outside my being surrounding me with Amazing Grace and I felt it deep in my soul.
I later read this quote:
I must have the saviour with me, for my faith at best is weak; he will whisper words of comfort that no other words can speak.
Take time to go into the quiet places and hear the voice of God.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne