Friday, September 2, 2011

darkness and light

' The light shines in the darkness, the darkness did not overcome it.' John 1:5
As I walked early morning at Galong every where I looked there were passages of scripture rising up to meet me. The night passing, the day dawning, the rising sun, the birds in the fields singing, the straight path, and then I was particularly struck by these thoughts as I saw darkness, a gate and a sunrise........' I am the light of the world'........'I am the gate.'
I remember well the look on the face of the man who has just found Jesus. Coming out of a deep depression of several days realising that Jesus had been in the darkness with him as he walked into a new relationship with Jesus. He said, I saw the light and just kept walking towards it.
With Jesus by our side there is no need to stay in darkness, we just have to walk through that gate, into the light.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne