Monday, July 11, 2011

wildflowers of Israel

'All good things around us are given from heaven above. We thank the Lord, we thank the Lord, for all his love.' (Christian hymn)
You know how it is when a song gets stuck in your mind and wont leave you alone. Ever since I saw the beauty of Israel in spring with wildflowers on the verges, deep deep arid wilderness and the crystal clear waters of the sea of Galilee I have been singing these words. Even this winter morning with the cold frost, the wind off the snow, and the stark beauty of naked winter trees emerging through the fog these words come to mind. But more so, when I sing them I am not only thinking of all these precious God given gifts,and all else that makes my life good, but I am also thinking of those who do not see them, or do not have such a life that they can sing, those freezing cold in a park, homeless. Those without food this day, or yesterday and no hope for tomorrow.
Lord teach us to be aware and of all out bounteous gifts, to share.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne