Monday, July 4, 2011

Overlooking Capurnaum. Every place that the sole of your foot treads

' Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon,that have I given unto you.' Joshua 1:3
Do you ever sense you are exactly where God wants you to be?
Yesterday I visited the nursing home to see some parishioners who are now residing there. Its a place I like to be on a Sunday morning after the first service. One of the domestic staff noticed my open communion box and commented how he misses church because he works Sunday. He said he came to a church two Sundays ago but the services had finished and the doors were shut. It so happened the church he came to was where I worship. I was able to inform him of the service times and playtime days for the family and other activities 'out of usual service times', like messy church.
Sometimes I think the ground we stand on is occupied by Christ and other ground is untrodden territory that is full of promises. There is a need to spread our feet across as much of the land before us as we can...................for Christ's sake.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne