Monday, February 7, 2011

Blessed assurance.


'Ti's mercy all, immense and free: for, O my God it found out me.' TIS 209
A glorious morning to be out walking and welcoming in the day and as I did so I reflected on yesterday. What a wonderful, liberating, freeing day for all. The confirmation of two young men with disabilities.

I could not help but look on them in the service, one being assisted by friends and the other presented in his wheelchair amidst a packed church. and I thought these words from psalm 18:32 ' 'It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.' These young men were very visibly touched by the Spirit of God.
As I reflected on yesterday I still can't determine who received the blessings the most. The congregation, the two being confirmed, their families, me, or Bishop Trevor............ or was it God!
Abraham Lincoln said:
God is the silent partner in all great enterprises.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Blessings