Monday, December 20, 2010

The nativity


'.....Joseph went to the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the city of David called Bethlehem......he went to be registered with Mary' (Luke 2:4-5 )
What do you see when you look into the manger and look upon the family of Mary, Joseph and Jesus, in a stable?
What are you thinking?
Do you know what I see and what I feel when I look at the nativity scene?
I think of the journey Mary and Joseph have taken.
I think of the dangers they have had and still do have to complete the journey
I think of them far from their home,
separated from family and friends.

And I think of those migrants who feel unwelcome in our country.
I think of the refugees, the homeless and the boat people.
And I pray.......
for them, for the Government and for the world that Jesus Christ came to save.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne