Friday, December 10, 2010

All for Jesus


Ninety year old Eleazar was a Jew who was martyred for his faith.
'His courageous death was remembered as a glorious example, not only by young people, but by the entire nation.' 2 Maccabees 6:31

Sometimes I am so blessed when I glance up in church to see a person in the congregation who has come to be there as a result of ministry I have had with them in the community. Sometimes I am so blessed because a family I have ministered to in the community comes back to me time and time again for pastoral ministry................The blessings come in a deep, warm inner feeling, like a peace that I can only describe as a 'God feeling.' Its humbling, affirming, assuring, encouraging. What a blessing knowing others have come seeking 'God things' through example.The things we do and say in the name of Jesus can have such amazing power on others. How bold we must be in using it to bring others to know the Lord and Saviour that we know.What a treasure we are entrusted with. As you gaze at the child in the manger this Christmas reflect on His life and reflect on yours.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne