Friday, November 12, 2010

Keep watch, keep listening


' I was hungry and you gave me food. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me in.' Matthew 25:35
I was at an Archdeaconry meeting last night and was so blessed by many stories people had to tell of how God's Spirit is moving amongst us and the excitement was contagious. It was a wonderful evening of affirmation and encouragement.

One person told a story of their church ministry to people who sleep in their cars in the church grounds, and how they leave the amenities open for them and provide them with a substantial breakfast the following morning before they move on. One lady felt so safe, so loved, by the care given that she came to the early church service in her dressing gown!

I wonder who receives the greater blessings in this ministry? The recipient may, the ones who are serving may. But you know what? I think its God.

FB Myer says: Show me, today , dear Lord, one of your little ones to whom I can give a cup of cold water in your name.

Go OUT in peace to love and serve the Lord

Anne