Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year 2010


'The water that I will give will become in them a spring of water continuously gushing up to eternal life.' John 4:14
I couldn't help but notice the rapid green growth of the new grass shoots after the recent rain. Arid patches of dusty track were turning into new growth with this 'living water' sprouting seeds, full of life and colour and goodness.

As we come into a new year with all its new beginnings we often reflect on the past year and all it held. So often I have heard people say its been a dreadful year......cant wait for it to finish....family losses, continuous health issues, some life threatening, personal pain,bush fires , drought and floods.
Its always good to reflect back on the year past and in doing so challenge yourself to see where God was and is, in the 'pain.' What are we learning from the difficult times and are they times that draw us closer to God? The 'living water' that Jesus is to us also brings us to life and new growth if we visit his 'well' often, seeking that life giving drink.
In all the difficulties of life we know, that Jesus is always with us......so go to that well and drink.
This verse is from one of my favourite hymns:
O love that will not let me go, I rest my weary soul in thee: I give thee back the life I owe, that in thine ocean depth its flow may richer fuller be. (George Matheson)
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne