Friday, November 20, 2009

I am reminded of your sincere faith


' I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that first lived in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, lives in you.' 2 Timothy 1:5

The same small 3 year old child that peered in wonder at a beautiful birthday cake, was having a conversation with me a few days later about birthdays and as she talked of family birthdays yet to come this year there was a pause, as if she was thinking and then she said, in a soft, quiet voice.......'and Christmas is Jesus birthday.......' It was the first time I had heard my grandchild say the name of Jesus......and with such thought. It opened the door to a lovely conversation and I thought of Lois and Eunice.

What wonderful opportunities we have to 'sow the seeds'.....amongst those who are hearing and saying the name of Jesus for the first time.....small children in our families, in Sunday school, in schools. Older people in nursing homes and those distant from church teaching.

Grab hold of every opportunity to have the conversations.....the conversations about Jesus.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne