Friday, November 6, 2009

And in all we do

'.......and in all we do......................'(A collect for grace BCP)
My heart lept with affirmation, asurance and hope as I listened to an elderly lady at the nursing home tell me how she was feeling. We had just been to a church service and she was so 'alive' in Spirit.
She said: 'I dont know how much longer I can stay on my feet with God's blessings,God is so real, so within me....a deep, deep presence that showers me with constant blessings.....its like I am being washed with blessings which ever way I turn....like constantly standing under a waterfall and have the water flowing over me.'
You know, that is sacred ground, that is what drives us all to run the race with perserverance, gathering as many as we can along the way to come to know and experience the living God.
In the Prayer-given life it says:
Today I have been brought in safety to this new day, a true, free gift......and so have you. What's to be done?
......'direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose;through Jesus Christ our Lord....'
Anne