Friday, October 16, 2009

Prepare the way of the Lord


‘Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.’ Mark 1:3

I was touched by the early morning, so still, so quiet, with a blackbird breaking into the dawn, softly singing a solo with perfection on every note and I just sat and engaged ....... God and me..........a oneness.

It’s like the whole start of the day is on pause before it lunges into its business and strife.

As I sat, over and over in my mind roll the word from psalm 46:

‘ Vocate et videte quoniam ego-somdeus’
‘Be still and know that I am God.’
Did you know this is called the war psalm, said before engaging in battle?

I don’t think there is any better way of entering a new day than to be wrapped up in the love, protection and peace of God, prepared for anything...

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne