Monday, June 19, 2023

Sing ye birds.

 My voice you will hear in the morning,  O Lord will I direct my prayers to you and I will look up. Psalm 5: 3

I love to go outside before turning in for the night and just look with wonder and awe at the night sky. In the cold crisp frosty night the moon illuminates everything on earth and the stars are radiant and shinning in their millions upon millions - and all is still - silent. What an incredible creator we have - the magnitude of his creation, but there is more. I read these words: 'In the vastness of the stary night how easy to see the workings of God! But teach me, Oh teach me to see it in all the small things that abide around us' Things like the naked tree stretching long arms upwards and in its branches the magpies warbling every so beautifully and in harmony and a touch of the golden  sun rays hitting just one spot on the frosty lawn reminding me of the pearl of great price. Listening to the Magpies I am reminded of the words of  William Wordsworth . ' Then sing, ye birds, sing, sing, sing a joyous song.' Ah how God lavishes his love on us, showering us with his presence. Don't miss it. Don't just look up for God but seek him everywhere, come face to face with him.

Mane Nobiscum Domine. Remain with us Lord.             Anne, servant of the Lord


                                                Early Morning.