Friday, June 2, 2023

Full of God

 Come change our love from a spark to a flame. TIS 690

The deep, deep, rich red and crimson of the remaining leaves on the tree and the kaleidoscope of yellow coloured ones, falling gently, silently, carpeting the ground first took my attention and then a smile crossed my face as I watched a pee-wee come onto the birdbath, skidding  with surprise on the ice covered water. Its a still morning, mist laden images of the garden silhouetted in a weak rising sun, beauty almost indescribable . Ahhh, the joy of being in the sacred space. I read this observation by Angela of Foligno, a Franciscan nun from the 13th centaury.' The eyes of my soul were opened, and I held the plenitude of God, whereby I did comprehend the whole world, both here and beyond the sea, and the abyss and all things else; therin  I beheld naught save the divine power in a manner indescribable, so that through access of marvelling the soul cried with a loud voice, saying; ' This world is full of God.!'

Mane Nobiscum Domine.  Remain with us Lord.        Anne, servant of the Lord.    


                                                        Deep, deep, rich red.