Friday, May 19, 2023

A lasting deep peace.

 How sweet the name of Jesus sounds in a believers ear. It soothes his sorrows heals his wounds and drives away his fears. ( Hymn: John Newton)

So often we in the church are constantly wanting to try new hymns and modern Christian songs which is wonderful but lets not forget the ones that have been around for a long time and held so much meaning in peoples lives. This is one of the most asked for hymns from the older people in the nursing home. It brings a true sense of peace, of being held by God and that feeling goes deep, deep into the soul. I think of all the names that come to mind that are encompassed in the name of Jesus and I come up with; redeemer, saviour, master, comforter, healer, friend. Lee Self says, ' Jesus, I try to encompass all your names but they slip from my grasp. When I hold nothing I hold you. When I hold you I hold everything.

May the peace of God fill your life every single day.   Anne, servant of the Lord.    


                                            
                                                A lasting peace.