Monday, March 20, 2023

Stone of help.

 Then Samuel took a stone and set it between Mizpah and Jeshanah and named it Ebenezer, for he said: 'Thus far the Lord has helped us.' 1 Samuel 7:12. NRSV

I am often reminded of this text when I reflect on a small round stone I have on my prayer desk with the word 'peace' carved on it. Somehow when I look  on that word on the stone I have a sense of the ever present  help of the Lord and how that word alone can  calm what ever storm might be raging and affirm the victories  won. It reminds me of God's faithfulness throughout my life. It reminds me that  Jesus came into the world to bring peace and peace comes to us when we surrender to his will. I like the translation from the TEV.' The Lord has helped us all the way.......and he named it stone of help.' How good to remember that God's help is just a stones throw away. As he was for Samuel so he is for you and me.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ. Anne, servant of the Lord.


                                                Peace.......be still and know that I am God.