Monday, December 12, 2022

Star bright

 How beautiful on the mountain are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, 'Your God reigns.' Isa 52:7

I still recall one of  the most precious Christmas gift I have received from anyone when I remember some years ago one of the small children at church  came up to me at the greeting of the peace and putting her small hand in mine she placed a tiny red star there and said.' This is for you, to remind you that Christmas is coming.' She was all of four years old.  It reminded me of the Wise Men and the guiding star they were given and the star that shone so bright for the shepherds just over Bethlehem. Its amazing the impact of something as simple as a star given at the right time can have!

                                                    The door into the chapel on shepherds field