Friday, May 21, 2021

Holding the branch with spindly legs

 Their hearts are firm, secure in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Regardless of our age God just keeps on giving and giving and I see that so much in creation. I marvel that during a storm with the wind blowing enough to shake the trees wildly even the tiniest of birds, with their spindly little legs can hold onto a branch and sleep and not fall off. I saw the wonder of God's creation when I learnt that when  a bird settles on a branch to sleep it bends its little knees and clutches the branch with its claws and in that movement the tendons in its legs form a lock and the bird is secured to the branch. I mean really, only God could create such a mechanism  of safety for the birds. I am reminded of how we, in a storm of life or as we lay down to sleep can bend our knees before God and be secure in his love and safety. 

May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times and in all ways.

Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                            A little bird on a twig