Friday, November 13, 2020

Surprises of beauty and colour

 O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder. TIS 155

There is nothing more delightful and surprising than coming across something of beauty and colour when it wasn't expected. You can be meandering along on a walk as I was doing amongst the long dry grass and suddenly God through in a surprise of colourful pink flowers, dainty and bright that caused me to say aloud ' O how beautiful you are, thank you God.'  Patience Strong wrote: Something unexpected may be around the bend. Something to encourage you. A gift, a friend, and I say a flower, a beautiful king parrot or a pewee splashing with joy in the birdbath. 

The unexpected gifts from  God are our delight.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                        Unexpected joy and delight