Monday, August 25, 2014

Standing for Jesus

Do not let loyalty and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:3
As a Sunday School child I remember many things I was taught and that experience was the foundation of my faith and belief. Some of the songs have never left my memory or my voice, songs such as, 'Stand up stand up for Jesus you Soldiers of the Cross ' and ' Onward Christian Soldiers.' Perhaps the words these days are not appropriate for the world we live in but I think if I were captive because of my faith these are two songs that would be on my trembling heart. Like many I long to stand strong in faith yet I question my own loyalty and courage. Would I, would I stand firm and say 'Yes, I believe in Jesus' if my life or the life of my family and friends was in danger? I pray I would.
Lord, prepare our hearts always in readiness to meet you at any time, in any place.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
church of the Holy Sepulchre. Jerusalem