Friday, August 15, 2014

in need of light

Come, let us walk in the light of the Lord. Isa 2:5
I was reflecting on these words in the early morning. It seemed the country side has stood still, almost empty, not a sound, even the first of the early birds were still asleep yet I knew within the hour the light would come and every living creature and  plant would start responding. Its like that with the light of Christ. We know that it too will move and filter into dark places and I reflect on each of us as 'light bearers,' those who carry the light of Christ into places of need be it through action or the word, the breath of our prayers. I have a mission statement for my nursing ministry to those in the community who struggle with the daily issue of  just living, it says:   Please bless the ones who have no hope and show me how to help.
'Bathed in morning light, pray that the lantern of your life move gently this day in all those places where light is needed.'Macina Wiederkehr)
(
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord