Friday, January 17, 2014

Holy is the Lord

' Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of hosts; the earth is full of his glory.'  Isaiah 6:2-5
I often reflect on the Holiness of God and in one of his books Max Lucado says that ' Gods holiness silences human boasting.'
When I think of the Holiness of God I get a sense deep within of a stirring of the Spirit, not in a charismatic way but in a way that curls me up inside like I am wrapped in a blanket of God's love and held in his arms. I guess we call it humility.  Lucado says that the one occasion that the seraphim occurred in scripture they endlessly sang 'Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.'
In Hebrew scripture repetition acts like a highlighter, a tool to emphasis.
God is not Holy
He is not Holy Holy
He is Holy, Holy, Holy.
May we all find and cherish the Holiness of God.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.