Friday, November 16, 2012

And the little birds sang a big song


'Forth in your name O Lord I go, my daily labour to pursue.' TIS 571
Stepping out the back gate as the sun was rising and the ground fresh from a fall of morning rain I was confronted by the sights and smells of the new day:
The freshness from the early morning shower of rain.
The smell of dusty ground 'dressed' in rain spots.
The green, green  hills
The small yellow clusters of native flowers brightening the verge
The paddock full of wild oats with small birds singing a big song.......its all a prayer.
and I remembered this poem:
'When forth I go upon my way a thousand joys are mine, the clusters of dark violets, the wreaths of the wild vine.'
Even when facing the unknown challenges of a day all is possible when we take with us our morning prayers grounded in quiet times with God.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne,servant of the Lord