Friday, May 25, 2012

' Nothing will be able to separate us from the Love of God.' Romans 8.39

 One of the things I do in my ministry with the older people is to always include the familiar. Familiar liturgy, familiar hymns, a familiar words of hope and assurance that speak to them personally. I think there must be nothing worse than being isolated from community and all it holds, especially faith community and feeling like all there was is lost.

I recall hearing this story of a little girl in a refugee camp in Rwanda. She arrived at the camp on the back of a truck and  an enquirer asked the soldiers what happened to her. One soldier replied. 'The same as everyone else. She ha no one left.' And, said the enquirer, ' What is that she is singing?' The soldiers said. ' It is something about a person called Jesus.'  A closer listen revealed the words.......' Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so.'

With nothing in her world left, everyone she loved gone she still knew, from the familiar taught in her life that there was one relationship that could never be taken from her.

' Jesus loves me this I know......'

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.