Friday, November 11, 2011

water wells

' Who ever drinks this water will get thirsty again: but whoever drinks the water that I shall give will never be thirsty again.' John 4:14
I remember as a small child peering down this great hole in the ground as my uncle swung a bucket on a rope down into its depths to get some water. It was the first well I had ever seen and I was fascinated with the fact that if we dig deep enough we will find water, life giving water. I have never forgotten the memory of him drawing that life giving water from the well, the source of life.
After the woman at the well received her drink from Jesus she then became a well for others to drink from. (John 4:39)
Macrina Wiederkehr says: Look for wells along the way and be such a well for others to find.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne