Friday, April 15, 2011

Jesus loves me


' Jesus said: People who are well don't need a doctor, but only those who are sick. I have come not to call respectable people, but outcasts. ' Mark 2:17


Have you ever broken something precious and then arduously tried to put it back together gluing each piece bit by bit?

I was attempting to glue a broken chip back onto a much loved ornament and as I worked at it (sometimes with frustration) I thought of how God must labour over the lives of broken individuals...............you know, the ones that society casts aside...........broken, hurting, unloved people...............God's people.

Then I reflect on how on how God can change lives and how he can use us to be his hands, his voice and his feet, his advocates. Who of the unloved are you going to love today..........in the name of Christ.

The Easter message is that God can change prostitutes like Magdalene into disciples and broken reeds like Simon Peter into rocks...... (Fulton Sheen)

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Anne