Friday, June 4, 2010

Emmaus walks


' Shine your love on us each dawn and gladden our days.' Liturgy of the Hours.

I sleep with an open window and an open curtain as I love to experience the night and the quiet and watch as God tucks away the stars and brings on the light, often in a kaleidoscope of colour, and I can feel my heart catching his fire for another day.

Each day has its pockets of 'Emmaus walks.' Those precious moments when God comes alongside and blesses us with his presence. Its like a brief moment in heaven, walking hand in hand with God.

It may be in the face of an elderly person
it may be as the sun tips the mountain top
As the sunsets
As you stoop and smell a flower
As the dew glistens in the cobweb strung along the fence.

The door of our cathedral through the autumn trees, almost stripped of their colour set my heart on fire as I reflected on the words Jesus: 'Knock and the door will be opened, seek and you will find.' (Luke 11:9)

Look tonight into your heart and see the Emmaus walks of today.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne