Friday, April 23, 2021

One could say its just Autumn


I said to myself, 'Come now, I will take a test of pleasure; enjoy yourself.' Ecclesiastes 2:1
This time of the year brings with it different sights and sounds. Red, yellow and crimson carpets cover the ground where the last of the autumn trees have shaken their fading leaves and playful gusts of wind can be seen chasing so many down the gutter of the road. Its a playful season is autumn but the sound that catches my ear is that of the acorns tumbling down the tree, bouncing off the branches sounding far more like a rock falling than a tiny acorn, there to lie with hundreds of others on the ground to be crunched and cracked playfully under my feet. One could say it just autumn, just another season but to me its God. Its God with his paint pallet out and he is painting and playing.  How do you see God in the season of autumn?

Jehovah - shalom. The Lord is peace.
Anne, servant of the Lord
                                                    Autumn and acorn trees.