Monday, December 21, 2020

Christmas

Ah, dearest Jesus, little one, prepare a bed to lie upon, a soft clean bed within my heart, that you and I may never part. (TIS 296)
Every shop I went into I looked to see if their was a nativity set for sale (not that I needed one) and there were none. I could not find one anywhere. Santa yes, tinsel yes, baubles yes, trees yes. but no nativities, no sign of Christ, born in Bethlehem, Saviour of the world. I felt a sadness  because in all the people shopping no one had the chance to see God in the season. This year in the community hall of the village I live in I placed my collection of nativity sets on a table for all to reflect on.  There are six from different countries, the oldest is from Germany and is over 150 years old. I thought of that one in particular and how many eyes had seen that nativity over those years and pondered the wonder of Christmas. I also look at them  and see how the light of Christ shines around the world.  My prayer this Christmas in a very anxious and troubled world, is that God's love will grow through us all and shine as a light in the world.
May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times and in all ways.
Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                        Bethlehem today