Friday, September 20, 2019

Within ear shot.

Because he has inclined his ear to me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. Psalm 116:2
As a child I loved exploring the bush, climbing big mountains and roaming around river flats with my friends.Sometimes we would split up in pairs and go separate ways catching up at the next gully or creek and we would keep each other within earshot with the very Aussie  'coo-ee.' We would 'cup' our ear to hear the far off voice responding. A voice that kept us connected.  A voice that made sure our friends were close by.  Psalm 116 is a psalm of love towards God and a knowledge that he has his ear tuned to  hear us at every call be it sadness or joy, pleasure or pain, when we call he hears us. What a faithful, loving God. How can we ever repay his love to us who is surely very near. I answer myself with the hand written note in my bible at psalm 116:v12. ' I will give a life of service.'  How did you answer?
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Over fields, around ponds and up the mountain.