Monday, November 5, 2018

What can I say

How good is it to give thanks to you, O Lord. Psalm 92:1
Sometimes we forget to say 'thank you' to God. Sometimes our prayers are all about our needs and our wants and the thank you can become lost from our thinking. When I start my day I try to remember to say. Thank you for the roof over my head. Thank you for the new day. Thank you for food. Thank you for the beauty that surrounds me with spring flowering gardens and the peace and quiet. Thank you for being there with me when I need you most. I think that often we can forget how life is so good for us especially when I reflect on the homeless woman on the streets, the young man racked with mental confusion, and those who have no trust in Jesus to guide their lives. Lourdes Ruiz wrote: What can I say as I live each day. What can I say to you, my God? All I can think is thank you. 
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
For the beauty of your creation, we thank you O God.