Monday, April 16, 2018

you made yourself known to me.

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. Ps 23
This psalm is so familiar to us that we can say it with our eyes closed. Even many a  non church going person will know it. But I wonder do we all really know the shepherd. Do we really know the one that  guides us along the path of life, protects us and journeys with us through many a rocky place in life, many a brier bush, many a green pasture. Do we really know this shepherd? Bernard of Clairvaex  a 12th century writer said :  'How did I know God was in me? I couldn't miss it! my heart was softened and my soul roused from its slumber. He went to work in me. He cleared and cultivated the soil of my soul. He planted and watered and brought light to dark places. He opened what was closed and warmed what was cold. I have seen a fraction of his glory and it was awesome.'
If we read these words of Bernard and be stirred within then we can truly say we know the shepherd.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.
The Lord's my Shepherd.