Friday, June 13, 2014

something greater

The Lord is a strong tower. He is a tower of strength in time of need. Ps9:9
Sometimes we are faced with something to do that we perceive to be far greater than we think we are able.
I remember the first funeral I every took.
The first sermon I preached.
The first essay I wrote.
The first pastoral visit I did
I recall leaning heavily on the shoulder of God with many prayers and calls of 'help.'
Isn't it then that we truly know the strength of God and the power of the Holy Spirit?
Its an amazing experience to put utter and total trust in God when all our human strengths have deserted us. It puts a whole new meaning to the words.' in the strength of the Lord.'
Until we experience that we don't really know the power of God.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.